Wednesday, July 13, 2011

End of Day 3

We are at the end of day 3 and the team is still doing great! Today we awoke to rain and a chilly day. We thought this might cause less kids to be at the carepoint, but the exact opposite was true. We had more kids than yesterday! Today we finished work on the soccer field and the netball field. It was a blast to watch the locals play! The goals look great and our team jumped right in with them. Tomorrow we will be at the carepoint again and on Friday be working with the Luke Commission putting on a medical clinic.

Thank you for your patience with us updating the blog. Continue to pray - so many wonderful relationships are being formed here!

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Team,
    I think I can safely say that I speak for all your families and good friends when I tell you using the words of Philippians 1:3-6: I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

    It is such a joy to read your heartfelt thoughts and honest reflections of what the Lord is doing in and through you. Your beauty is in your willingness and courage to follow his leading, and in your love for others.

    I have been in Atlanta for the past few days and got to meet many African Christians from several countries (even one from Joburg!) who are doing their best to make a difference in the lives of their people because of the work of God in their lives. All are beautiful with fascinating stories and all enthusiastically blessed your efforts there in Swazi.

    So be encouraged! You have no accidental meetings. Each touch, smile, effort, and prayer related to another person is ordained by your heavenly father. He is good and he is continuing to craft you to be more and more like himself. Oswald Chambers says, "You can not imitate the disposition of Jesus. It is either there or it is not." I pray it is richly there in each of you precious ones.

    PS. Emma, All is well here! Your pic with the little boy is my phone screen saver and sometimes I just stare at it and smile. Love you to infinity and beyond times a billion trillion zillion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To anyone looking for an update from the Swaziland team, This is the best i can do. I received a text message from Matt this morning, saying that the team is well, but emotionally spent after a great week at the carepoint. Tomorrow is farewell, and a church service at the CP itself (a rarity these days). Keep praying. Tomorrow will be a tough day, full of teary good-byes.

    (stu)

    ReplyDelete