Saturday, July 9, 2011

On the plane ride to Africa I began to have several feelings swarming my head. Of course the first one that popped in was the excitment of doing something so bold and profound as traveling to a different country just to share the word and love of God. However, I began to feel unworthy too. God has continued to show his love and affection for me daily. He has proven his undying love time and time again. I feel as though I of all people do not deserve this love. I will never begin to grasp or comprehend the reason why he loves me so. Many of the things I have done are displeasing and disappointing to him. I continue to do things that break his heart and that end up hurting me in the end as well. Instead of turning to him I turn to worldly things. Every time I am left feeling more empty than before.
So why me? What could I possibly give anyone else in a time of need when I can't help myself? How can I tell someone to turn to God and feel his love when I don't do it as an example? I guess this is because God uses people exactly like me. He uses the broken and weak to help others. Maybe that's my purpose here. To help others in need see the glory of God. To see his love even when they fall. People don't need to be perfect to be used. God has been continuely teaching me this.
One of the verses that sticks out most to me is: "My grace is sufficent for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Cor. 12:9
This verse shows and proves that even when you mess up God still uses you. I feel like I still have a lot to learn about this. I know God loves me I just don't understand it, but you don't have to understand everything. I just have to trust in God and believe he loves me the way I have been told he does. God will take care of the rest.  
Love Always,
Jessica Chrisitna

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to wake up to hear from you!

    On another note...you may not understand it but you absolutely have it right! God DOES love us even with all of our imperfections. That's when we need Him the most! And I can see how God would use that to be part of your mission there. How fitting it is that you are able to share how you have felt with those there as some of them may feel that way as well. We can't share what we don't know, right? :)

    Love to watch and hear about your experiences!
    Love and miss you!!
    Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear from you Jessica!
    I love you lots and I am so glad that you had the opportunity to go on this trip. God is going to use you in ways you never thought would happen:) Thinking and praying about you and the team lots and can't wait to hear all of your stories.
    Much love,
    Brielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Jess. Your right, Gods not looking for a perfect heart just an obediant heart. And just like the Prophet Isaiah, when God was looking for someone who would be willing to go, you said "Send me Lord." We are so Proud of you.

    "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8 NIV)

    ReplyDelete